Monday, October 18, 2010

Headed to the Mountains...

Taken from my Iphone
Since playing a great game against the undefeated Birmingham in Alabama, we had somehow managed to fall apart completely and lose to TLU 42-14.  Frustrated and confuzed as to how that happened, the team and I could only move forward.  We were headed to Tennessee the following weekend to play the University of the South in a battle between the two tiger teams. Even though the rough loss to TLU motivated me to work hard on the football field, unfortunately in didn't provide the same motivation towards my schoolwork.  I had managed to finish and edit a paper for my history class that week in good hopes of getting an A, but couldn't muster up enough energy to really focus on my marketing test on that Thursday. With all the rigorous work my body has been putting in these past three weeks, I felt like I needed a short break.  After completing the test right before Fall break, I left the classroom feeling helpless and a bit pissed off.  Fortunately, we were leaving the next day to fly up to Tennessee to play at Sewanee's beautiful looking campus.
     When we finally arrived on to Sewanee's campus, it was just as I had imagined.  The trees were perfectly in season, reflecting the orange and yellow leaves all across the campus.  I was excited, as was the entire team, to cap off another away victory.  The defense did all it could in stopping Sewanee's offense, holding them to just 3 points, and scoring a touchdown of their own to help our offense out which was much needed.  The offense we brought to Sewanee resembled a bunch of middle school kids trying to get a brown leather football down a field to score. It was awful.  Luckily, we still won 17-3, putting our season record at 3-3.  We were happy, but at the same time already axious to improve, as we had a much bigger tiger to beat the following week- the 6-0 Depauw Tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment