Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Next Stop: Alabama.

beyondthebottle.org
It had be three weeks with constant home games, with one meager win and two losses.  We were more than ready at this point to get our act together and play like a team, whether it be at our own field or anywhere else.  It just so happened that this week, we were up against a strict undefeated opponent on their own field: Birmingham Southern.
Practice this week went very well, the only problem was none other than Trinity's school work.  I had a paper and a test due on the same day, with still three quarters of a book left to read for the paper.  It was Monday, and so I began.  I spent nearly the whole night reading chapter after chapter, taking notes as I went along.  I gathered enough information to begin writing my first page, and before I knew it I was done with the entire paper by Tuesday afternoon.  I figured that left ample time to buckle down after practice and study my notes for two whole days before my test for Marketing Thursday.  All this, and still my mind was focused on my team's preparation for the Bulldogs. Once Thursday arrived and had gone; my test, paper, and last day of preparation for Birmingham were done and I never looked back.
By Friday afternoon, and around 6 pm, our team had flown and arrived to Birmingham, Alabama.  We stayed at the Sheraton Hotel, eager to rest and focus on tomorrow's game. When we bused over to the team's campus, the college football atmosphere was already in full swing.  People were tailgating, cheerleaders dancing, and families and friends were having conversation all around.  We headed to the locker room, suited up once again, and went to the football field for our first away game.
With the fans buzzing, and 52 of our finest athletes surrounding our every move, we played up to our fullest potential with passion in our hearts and motivation in our minds.  We let those undefeated Bulldogs know who the Trinity Tigers were with every snap, marching down the field for two hundred and fifty yards rushing!  We ended our second victory with an impressive score of 38 points to 28, beating Birmingham for the fourth year in a row.  The only thing left to do now was head home, luggage in hand, and prepare for another week of football!

No comments:

Post a Comment